Y'all.
Although I am not a big fan of wishing my life away, I have to say that I can't WAIT for Fall and this show. I'm so tickled about it, I'm wrote a list about it. Wanna read it? Here it go:
- It's from the writers of Lost. Do I need to tell you how bereft I have been without the weird, awful, awesome, magical, twistiness of Lost? I didn't think so. I loved that show, my friends, and while I occasionally screamed at the television ("TURN AWAY FROM THE DARK, SAYID!!") while watching it, it was never because the writing sucked. In fact, it's possible that I screamed at the television BECAUSE the writing didn't suck. I only moan or throw things at the television when the writing sucks. Screaming is reserved for nonsuckage. See here: http://www.imnothannah.com/2006/04/give-me-little-push.html
- Helllooooo...it's based around a fairy tale. My love for fairy tales is one of the reasons I love Robin McKinley so much (also, good writing...do you sense a pattern, here?) Dark and Grimm-y or Disneyfied with talking animals, I don't really care. Granted, I prefer some darkness to my fairy tales, but I'm not gonna complain about a singing chipmunk, people. This show does not look to have singing chipmunks (alas), but it does look to have a princess and a prince and an Evil Queen, complete with perfectly arched eyebrows. Yes, ma'am.
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White? You bet your sweet bippy. I totally buy it (and totally love her pixie cut, thankyouverymuch.) Also, I am a HUGE fan of Jennifer Morrison, who played Ted Mosby's kids' not-mother this year on How I Met Your Mother. I liked her on House, and I think she has a good face for skepticism. I adore Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty). And can we talk about Josh Dallas, who plays Prince Charming? I assure you, we most certainly can. We would have a great deal to talk about, honeys. Here's the IMDB cast thingamabob: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/fullcredits#cast
- Quaint little town with secrets = my favorite spacial archetype. Heh. Prrriiidddy sure I just invented a term. But I came from a quaint little town with secrets, and it would surprise me not in the least to discover that a few citizens were actually denizens of a magical kingdom. (My debate coach, for example? Totally some sort of queen/goddess/magic lady.) There's something so...homey about watching shows set in quaint small towns with secrets. Throw in seven dwarves and COME ON.
- I miss magic on TV. I mean, y'all...I've been watching a lot of Wizards of Waverly Place lately. Please do not think I'm kidding. Today I realized that Ted Mosby's son is actually Justin from that show and then I watched the preview I'm about to show you and I lost mah mind, because do you THINK it's a coincidence that Zoey Not-Mosby is going to be starring as Perhaps A Princess on this apparently awesome new show? I THINK NOT.
- Ahem.
- I mean, I really miss magic on TV. I do not require that this show have smoke monsters, weird Egyptian connections, trippy afterlife experiences, or sexy men with exotic accents (although checking out the preview, I'm pretty sure I'm getting at least ONE of those things...wooohoooo!), but I need something a little more woowoo than, you know, figuring out who killed some dude in a ditch based on the fibers on his tennis shoes.
- Why don't you just watch the preview and tell me what you think, my peeps?
6 comments:
oh.my.brains! I think they just exploded!
I think this show is the one thing that will keep me from completely canceling cable. I'm so glad it's not on one of the premium channels or I'd never get to watch it.
(But...I'm still not going to say 'hurry up, fall' because I'm too ready for summer break...)
...ellipsis rule!
O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!
ahem. Why yes, this does look like it will be entertaining.
This looks awesome. I also heard about another show for NBC, I think, called Grimm. It is apparently built around Fairy Tales as well. Might be worth a look. Thanks for this one though. I'm getting my DVR ready. lol.
*SQUEE!!!!*
I'm on it. This is your and my kind of show, daughter mine. I'm looking forward to it!
Holy Shit!!! All the things I love, rolled into a single show??? Oh yes. I believe I will be there...
Now, I have to say... though... that I'm quite upset with you. I had sworn off TV after Lost (the ending pissed me off and left more unanswered questions than they answered)... and I'd been faithful (mostly) to this. Lost was the last show I was watching anyway... and I decided I could spend that time doing other things... and I was productive. And then... you came along... and now I'm going to have to watch TV again.
I have mixed feelings about you now...
Kidding... sort of... :)
Post a Comment