Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Obsessions in the Midst of Busyness

Y'all.  I've been busy.  The end of the summer is typically a Crazy McCrazyface time, anyway, and this year, Riv is adding to it by getting sick right before the family reunion.  AWESOME.

In addition to the cleaning, planning, shopping, visiting, washing, doing stuff with the kidletsing I've been doing, I've also gotten obsessed with two things.

The first is crocheting.  I've tried it before and it didn't take, but now it has and I'm pretty much just a big ol' hooker.  (Ha!  Just a little crochet humor, my friends.)  I've crocheted a pixie hat for River, a newborn pixie hat that will probably be a prop for the photography that has waned over the last few months because I've been so busy, a shawl, a hat for another kid, and I'm about to get to work on a scarf.  I understand that crocheting is TOTES not a summer time hobby.  (It's so humid in our house that when I got up from the yoga ball I use as an office chair, it stuck to the back of my thighs.  Will suggested I put on panties and I fell over on the floor and died laughing.  Don't worry, it was vacuumed.  The floor, I mean.  And I DID have on panties.  Why am I even TELLING y'all this?)  But I can't seem to stop the madness.

The second is Pinterest, which is a gigantic, time-sucking, inspiring, fun social media introduced to me by the lovely Heather.  It's basically a bookmarking site, which is a great design tool, but it also leads to meeting new folks and finding new crafts and I'm so addicted to it, it's silly.  I currently have "boards" for crafting, travel, interior design, photography, crocheting, the Bulldogs, food, and snarky takes on pop culture.  It's one of those "invite me" type sites, and frankly I'm not sure if you can see my profile if you aren't a member (oooh, snooty), but if you want to try, here's my deal:  http://pinterest.com/nothannah/  Hit me with an email if you want an invite.  Or need one.  It's all very mysterious and complex.

Off to give the feverish one a popsicle, clean out the laundry room adamngain, and bake some cookies.  Hope your Sundays rock.

2 comments:

Aleta said...

I haven't tackled crocheting, but I do crochet beading. It's a lot more complicated than it looks. Lol.

Pinterest... yes, no, yes.. nooooooooo, i was thinking about asking for an invite, but oh my gosh, blogging has me booked and then some.

I'm already looking forward to NaBloWriMo this year :) How crazy is that??

Alexis Kennedy said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy! I just signed up for Pinterest over the weekend, but I don't know if I'll get that kind of addiction to it. I so admire you crocheting types.. I could never seem to get the hang of it. Hugs and blessings for a wonderful week!