But I've had a few things going on. For one thing, I started training for my new job.
YES! I got a job, y'all. Woohoo! Alright! Break it down!
Plus, it's another Magic Job, the kind where you look at yourself and say, "How am I so lucky to get this?" My days at work consist of...wait for it...taking pictures of newborns at the local hospital. I know, right? Are you kidding me? Anyway, with the training and trying to get my house in order for the days I won't be here (it's only a part-time job), I haven't had a lot of time to blog. Or anything else. Shall we have a list? Yes. Yes, we shall.
- I got a job! Yay! But also "Gulp!" And "Snnniffff!" The "gulp" because while the picture-taking and baby-schnoodling are awesome, the rest of the job requires me to sell pictures to make money, and that worries me. I am not a particularly forceful salesperson, and in this case, it wouldn't suit my needs, anyway. But I will have to push gently for sales and that's nerve-wracking. The "snnnifff" comes because I'm missing days with my family and that's tough when you've been doing the SAHM thing for almost a decade. I'm missing a soccer game AND a birthday party AND another soccer game this weekend. And while I know that there are moms in Afghanistan missing...uh...EVERYTHING and thus in retrospect, this is a tiny, itty bitty thing, my daughter is a tiny, itty bitty thing, too. And she looks cute in her soccer uniform and I'll miss that.
- The garden is doing GREAT. Everything is up and flourishing with the exception of the cabbage. WTF, cabbage? Why you tease me? (Sorry. It's early.) Also flourishing is the nut grass, which I think I've written about somewhere before, but in case you missed it, it is grass that, oddly, grows from a little nut-looking thingamabob. And it's Satan's favorite plant. When you till up a patch of it, every single fiber of the plant can create new nuts and fibers and, really, I can't even imagine why this plant exists. I hate it. Haaaaate it.
- Entries to NaBloWriMo are low thus far, probably because I said, "Let's do it!" and then disappeared. Because, as mentioned before, I am awesome. Please join us. You know you want to. There'll be prizes like soap-making e-books, art, bloggy redesigns...woohoo! (More on this tomorrow when I'm at home and able to write without thinking about whether I need to change my white balance. I do, in case you were wondering.)
- For a week prior to the Equinox, the weather was cool and lovely. On Friday, temperatures spiked up again and now it's hot and sweaty. I'm not complaining. Really.
- Okay, yes, I am. GAH. Go away, hot weather.
- Right now, I have less than an hour to get ready to go to work. I am not feeling it. Do you think they'd mind if I showed up in my robe? I'd put the belt back on and everything.
- Speaking of work, I have to wear makeup at work. I mean...I don't HAVE to wear makeup, but in this area, wearing makeup means "professional," so that's what I'm doing. As a Southern woman, I know how to do all kinds of things that I don't do regularly, like saying "The Lord's Prayer" or balancing a plate of chicken salad and strawberry tarts on my knee at a bridal shower, but that doesn't mean I'm leaping around for joy at doing it. Plus, my GAWD, I can never get all the mascara and foundation off. Has makeup become more permanent since I've last worn it regularly? What is it made of now? Rubber cement and Sharpies? Seriously.
- It's now Monday and I have exactly thirty minutes to make lunches, get dressed, and get the kids to school. Do you think they'd mind if I did this in my robe? (I luff my robe. Heather + robe = true love always.)
- I made--wait for it--FIVE sales over the weekend. This is great for me and means I only have to make two more equal sales in order for my goal for October to be met. I needed this affirmation (and I think Will did, too) financially, but more than that, I love being able to contribute to the family doing something I enjoy doing. Yay!
- I made pumpkin caramel cookies, then decided they'd be better as mini cupcakes and I was SO RIGHT. I'll be sharing the recipe in a few days. So go ahead and start fasting now, because these things are crazy good. Ca. Razy.
- No, really, the kids have to go to school. Dang it. Why must my children be educated and well-fed. It's so haaaarrrrdddd being a middle-class American.
- I kid.
- To all of those folks who've sent me emails about NaBloWriMo, thanks and I'll be emailing you later today. If you haven't sent me an email saying you're signing up, well, why not? Come oooonnnnnnn. (You know you want to.)
Have good days, mah peeps. Luff you.
4 comments:
congrats on the job! (especially a job that is something you love doing), and I can really relate to that whole missing the "whole fan-dambly" (a thing my dad says).
I forgot about NaBlo. Please tell me it starts next month.
Make up? Sucks. I'd never make it in the South. Just one more way you are made of the awesome!
Luff you!
ah, congrats on the job -- it does sound magic. good for you!!! though i have to say, my favorite part about MY magic job is the whole working in front of my computer in my pj's thing.
oh man if we had nut grass around here i am sure sure sure it would be my whole lawn. eeeek.
aaaaand NaBloWriMo....i've been thinking about it....but i'm afraid brain is empty. sigh.
I am so pleased about your job - it suits you so well. I know how hard it is to miss things but in the long run everything will work out just fine. I know it. You are an awesome photographer. I'm not surprised you got the job at all. Best wishes with it!
Oooh! That is a magic job! Grats on that. :)
Post a Comment