Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Meh With the Writing Thing Tonight

Have you ever had one of those writing days when you look at the screen and you go, "Meh."

It isn't that I don't have anything to write about.  

I could write about how I want to love Glee, but I just can't quite do it because it won't decide if it wants to be a farce or a dramedy or a musical and the fact that it can't makes me nervous.  

I could write about how my sweet, precious husband built a fence around the garden so the dog would quit digging up my carrots and beets and sanity.  

I could talk about how dang awful Haddie's hair is on Parenthood and also how Max's mainstreaming is a classic example of how NOT to do mainstreaming and WHY are the producers not getting this right?

I could talk about my current obsession with pumpkin recipes.  It's a problem.  A delicious, fattening problem.

I could write about how my Viking princess can't figure out why she can't be attracted to the Danish prince.  This is also a problem, but not one that is fattening.  It does, however, make my story not flow very smoothly because I need her not to be attracted to him so that there will be conflict.  But he's cute.

I could write about how we're about to have a big barbecue in honor of the Bulldogs incipient defeat of the Volunteers and how G and A and their boys will be there and it will be AWESOME to see them and gab with my girls.

I could write about how my natural lotion is all nice-smelling and free of parabens and chemicals, but it doesn't seem to, you know, moisturize me as much as my chemical-laden favorite lotion of the past.  This is a problem. An itchy, irritating problem.

I could talk about all of those things, but they aren't striking me as interesting.  More interesting is snuggling with my husband and watching TV.

So I'm going to do that.

Mkay.  Bye.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First things first. You can write later.

Karen said...

oh yeah, to all of that. Yay to the husband who built the fence, and major yays to fattening pumpkin recipes.

Seriously. I do loves me some pumpkin goodies. Must pester my resident kitchen goddess to see what she can rustle up in the next few days or so.

Unknown said...

"Meh" seems to work really well for you! ;)

Raige Creations said...

Meh happens a lot when in relation to the computer for me. Well, and cooking lately too.....and cleaning....and...better stop now, or everything I need to do will be on that list.....

Drena said...

Snuggling is sometimes the most important yet somehow often gets pushed to the back of the line. Good for you on making the time!